Full frame

Started Jul 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
D Cox Forum Pro • Posts: 21,582
Re: We can only dream for now.

amdme127 wrote:

I agree with Paul, it is a wish they (Sigma) have and are working towards, but nobody knows the time table. Why you ask? Sigma recently changed their process in creating a sensor about 2 years ago after they purchased Foveon which should shorten their plan to product transition phase is shorten, but it is still too early to tell by how much and start to make predictions on how long it will take.

It would be surprising to see anything before 2015.

I personally hope that their full frame sensor (if that is their next sensor and not another crop like a 1.3) is not 2.25x the resolution of their current sensor. I think the pixel density is too high for me, most of my EX (Pro Glass, like L series) lenses wouldn't be great for such a high resolution sensor.

But the sensor should be better than your best lens. Then you know that you are getting all the detail the lenses can give.

I rather a little sacrifice of pixels for a more usable sensor overall that would allow a little better ISO sensitivity with higher quality (each ISO step will have better image quality) and faster operation (more photos fit in the buffer). 25mp to 28mp full frame would be awesome, I would jump at the camera very quickly
--

Certainly the Foveon sensors need less noise (= higher ISO).

Matt

"Knowledge, absolutely sure of its infallibility is faith" -Yevgeny Zamyatin

Ignorance, absolutely sure of its infallibility, is faith

http://ureye-studio.com

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow