D800 oil spot

Started Jul 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
PaulBearer Senior Member • Posts: 1,824
Same Problem - Nikon Repair Says: NO OIL.....

I'm having the same issue on my skies, plus some black spots - the latter I'll call dust, but the former are the same as my D3 had when new and that was a known issue with that camera. Nikon confirmed the oil and cleaned the camera.

I don't think I'd ever changed lenses on my d800 before they started to show up. Because it is fairly new and seemed to be the same as the D3, I packaged it up and sent to Nikon. Came back with a note that there were no oil spots, but dust on the sensor, which they said they fixed.

Got it back Friday, and headed for vacation this week - today, when downloading my cards, the spots are still there - changed lenses today, same problem with a different lens. They look just like the sample, on the post above - a series of lighter blue circle on a field of blue sky.

To compound this problem. THE SPOTS AREN'T IN THE SAME PLACE, IMAGE TO IMAGE.

I'M STUMPED! Maybe flying saucers

PaulBearer's gear list:PaulBearer's gear list
Sony a6500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow