650D Eagles in Flight samples

Started Jul 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
R2D2 Forum Pro • Posts: 19,426
650D Eagles in Flight samples

Hi all,

I picked up a 650D last week with the intent to shoot mainly Macros and the occasional (novice level) video. I'd like to keep a macro lens on this body all of the time, so that I can grab it (with my flash rig attached) at any time. Makes life a lot easier. Then I can use my 50D (awaiting a 7D II upgrade) for just about everything else, including my other love... Eagles.

So I've been putting it through its paces the past few days. Shooting events, kids, macros, videos (with the 18-55 IS II kit), and luckily for me, Eagles!

I've been quite impressed with the improved (PDAF) focusing. It adds a lot of capability to this camera line IMHO. That, along with the faster frame rate makes shooting BIFs (and Action shots in general) a very very sweet proposition. Seriously, except for the smallish buffer (which really does impact keeper rate), it holds its own out in the Real World.

Here are a handful of shots I took over the weekend (haven't had time to process more yet). I think the included 100% crop really speaks for itself. EXIF is intact. No noise reduction was performed.

Fire away with any questions. And let me know what you think.

R2

My intent is to add more samples in the near future (Been really busy with Shows recently). I have some Macros taken with the 100mm f2.8L IS if you'd like to see some. From everything I've seen so far, this camera is one serious tool.

Cheers for now and Happy Shooting!

R2

ps. Galleries in my sig

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgment.

http://www.pbase.com/jekyll_and_hyde/galleries

R2D2's gear list:R2D2's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS M6 II
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS Rebel T4i (EOS 650D / EOS Kiss X6i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow