15mm 2.8 Fisheye, ERR 01 Problem

Started Jul 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
michi098 Contributing Member • Posts: 555
15mm 2.8 Fisheye, ERR 01 Problem

A few weeks ago I bought a Canon 15mm 2.8 Fisheye refurbished directly from Canon. It worked great for two days, then I noticed a buzzing sound after taking a picture and got a ERR 01 message (communication problem/dirty contacts) on my 5DII.

I cleaned the contacts, no change. Talked to Canon, they told me to send it back. I got the lens back to me, they found no issues, but cleaned and adjusted it. Needless to say, after a few pictures, the error message came back.

One thing I noticed, the problem occurred while taking pictures outside in high heat. Both before and after sending, I tried other lenses in the same conditions with the same camera, no issues. Canon tells me I should send my camera in with the lens, but that makes no sense to me. My 5DII works perfectly with every single one of my other 10+ lenses in high temperature and I would rather not send it away and have them mess with it.

Anybody have any ideas? Am I wrong thinking there is a problem with the Fisheye and not the camera? Should I send my camera to Canon?

Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow