Is there a BETTER lens ( DX OR FF) than the Nikon 17-55 2.8 for a D7000

Started Jul 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Flat view
mistermejia Senior Member • Posts: 3,340
Is there a BETTER lens ( DX OR FF) than the Nikon 17-55 2.8 for a D7000

Hi folks,

Is there currently a lens that has BETTER optics than this Nikon 17-55 2.8, that costs LESS and is BUILT just as good. I cannot and will not buy the Tamron 17-50 due to the nasty motor noise, so please don't even mention this one. The Sigma, well, i am not crazy about the built quality therefore i am not too interested in this one as well.

Does anyone have suggestions, i would not even mind if the lens was for a FF body, as long as the lens works, and it is just as sharp OR sharper and similar with the Nikon's color rendition and quality.

I have other primes, so i really don't need the lens to be longer than 35 or 50mm

I mainly need it for my kid's school events when i am sitting in front row, so it has to be for people or group shots, so it cannot be a lens designed for architechture like the Tokina 11-16, which i had and loved, but I did not know that that lens was not for people photos because of the extreme distortion and aspecs of this lens.

I will really appreciate your recomendations

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +6 more
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow