New Nikon convert (20yrs canon) loves the D800e DR

Started Jul 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
semorg Contributing Member • Posts: 948
New Nikon convert (20yrs canon) loves the D800e DR

I just got my Nikon D800e thanks to boolchand's (btw, amazing customer service).

For the past few years I was rather unhappy with canon. Especially after returning from a trip to iceland with a new 5D II and realizing that smallest adjustment to image was giving me a ton of pattern noise. Canon repaired the problem, but the Iceland trip images were pretty much lost.

I do a bit of B&W photography and first noticed the ability of nikon smooth rendering of red channel on Diglloyd's site which made me lean toward the nikon side.

When I saw Fred Miranda's DR sample of D800 vs 5DIII I knew the D800 was the camera for me. So Just to overcome my buyers remorse I did a quick DR test outside of my door and a few inside. I used my zeiss 50 MP (ZF with adapter on canon) and took identical images and processed them exactly the same.

The D800e has an amazing DR and I'm just amazes how smooth are deep shadows compared to the Canon 5D II samples. Very happy with the D800 choice and to join the other nikon shooters.

-- hide signature --

search engine for photographers:
http://www.f8daily.com/search

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow