Lens setup for F1 circuits(silverstone) cheaply

Started Jul 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
cosmicnode Veteran Member • Posts: 3,074
Re: Lens setup for F1 circuits(silverstone) cheaply

PHXAZCRAIG wrote:

Thanks for the comment.

By the way, I started that day with a monopod. I almost never shoot with one, and I've found it takes practice to use them decently. I eventually just took it off and handheld everything because things were moving at angles that didn't work well with the monopod. If you just need to point into a corner, or pan from side-to-side, it works well. In my case, the bikes were going uphill a lot in the first few corners I shot, and I just could seem to pan with the monopod.

I have used a monopod for many years fitted with a Benro ballhead I loosen all the tightening knobs and have similar freedom of movement to being solely hand held, for car racing I can pan whilst maintaining a level viewfinder and track up and down for hills. If you have a ballhead try it, support your camera and lens as if the monopod was not there, left hand on lens right hand on body with the monopod simply supporting the weight.

-- hide signature --

Mike.

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

cosmicnode's gear list:cosmicnode's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D800 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow