Battery life...

Started Jun 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
AlephNull Senior Member • Posts: 1,550
Re: Battery life...

GMack wrote:

You are getting about the same 300 shots as I am (Camera shows 235 shots possible with the 32GB Sandisk CF and an 8GB Lexar SD card, fwiw.). I'm writing an uncompressed NEF file to the CF card as well as a Hi-Rez (Fine) JPG to the SD card slot. I tend to review a lot and look at the histograms too which doesn't help I'm sure. Then there is the constant tweaking of the Menu for the lens AF-tuning too with these bloody Nikkor zooms that need something different for each focal length. Arrgh!

Please don't confuse the number of images you can fit onto the card with the number of images you can shoot on a single battery charge.

The number displayed on the top screen is an estimate of the number of images which will fit into the space remaining on the active memory card. That's completely unrelated to the amount of charge in the battery.

I have been getting about 700-800 images from one charge. That's with a fair bit of image review and some Live View. That's enough to fill more than two 16GB cards with 14bit compressed NEF files.

AlephNull's gear list:AlephNull's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS Sony Alpha a7R II Sony Alpha a7R III Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art Sony FE 100mm F2.8 GM +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow