Nikon 24-85 f/3.5-4.5 vs. other options for DX?
I realize there are other threads on this lens already, but I am curious about other options in this range that will work well on a DX camera. I am replacing my old trusty 18-70mm lens (from the d70) days and am seriously considering this new lens (for my d300s).
I travel a lot and want a very portable, inconspicuous lens for city-scapes and portraits of folks around the world. I will eventually move to FX so I am hesitant to by any more DX lenses (thus no 17-55 f/2.8).
Any other suggestions for a good mid-range walk around under $1000 (I am also considering the 24-120 f/4, but that's obviously at the high end of my price range). I currently also bring a 12-24, 70-300 and 105 f/2.8 when traveling so it's that 24-70 range I'm really looking to nail.
The pros for this lens are
• Build (at least compared to something like the 17-55).
• Loss of wide end on DX bodies
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Jun 28, 2012|
|Jun 28, 2012|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4