G1X / S100 go to Russia, Baltic, Europe

Started Jun 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
c.hammett Forum Pro • Posts: 12,093
Re: G1X / S100 great trip images !

skillet01 wrote:

c.hammett wrote:

..I'd never have thought of getting low for that image, and you really nailed it.

Thanks, Carolyn. I used a gorillapod micro800 tripod (recommended by gail) and set it directly on the floor - it provided a pretty unique perspective. The fully articulating screen was really helpful here!

By the way, I saw your pictures of Paris just before leaving on my trip and really admired your composition on them.

Thanks for the compliment, and for telling me how you got the floor level shot. I know about the gorrilapods, but never have fooled with one. I thought you probably put the camera on the floor, centered it width-wise in the room to get the long view, and then set the shutter on time exposure. I do that a lot for ceilings.... and get a few strange looks !

Were you on a cruise or land trip ? We did Copenhagen, Oslo, Stockholm and S. Petersburg exactly 6 years ago on a land based trip mostly flying between cities, except for an overnight ferry between Copenhagen and Oslo. I'm sure we saw a lot of the same places, especially in S. P. I have my pictures from that trip (by city) on my pbase gallery. They are on the 6th row of thumbnails if you are interested. I'd put the link here, but don't want to hijack your thread.

Cheers !... carolyn

carolyn
--
Ranger a.k.a chammett
http://www.pbase.com/chammett

'elegance is simplicity'

c.hammett's gear list:c.hammett's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow