D800 Difference in 8x10 prints

Started Jun 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
HankK
HankK Regular Member • Posts: 389
D800 Difference in 8x10 prints

With a D800/D800E will I see the difference in 8x10 and 16x20prints, after some/modest amounts of cropping. I am presently using 20mp Samsung NX cameras with high quality lens (including Contax/Zeiss). I print on an Epson 3880 in high gloss for my 8x10 inch and special matte for 16x20.

The size I print almost always is 8x10 inches with an occasional 16x20 inch. So the question is mostly focused on 8x10 but comments on 16x20 will also be appreciated. From a cropping standpoint, the most I crop is to take a 10 height x 8 width portrait crop out of the image.

Will the D800 standout like a "3D" look or something that is noticeable at close distant on a print or is the printer going to be the limiting factor. Are there other considerations I am missing.

I am really trying to decide if I want to bulk up again to full frame DLSR gear for prosumer level stuff. I had a Canon 5dm2 full kit but sold it all off in December.

-- hide signature --

Hank K
Samsung NX20 and NX200 Kit (former 5DM2, GH2 Kit, and Fujifilm X100 shooter)

Canon EOS 5D Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow