Could you be happy with PC after Apple?

Started Jun 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
fucile Regular Member • Posts: 316
Re: Could you be happy with PC after Apple?

marubex wrote:

I have been usin MAC for almost 98% of my needs for almost 6 year, using a toshiba n205 netbook for the remaining 2%(finding it incredibly frustrating).

I am needing to replace a late 2006 imac wich is slowly dying , I shoul probably go for a portable solution as I have another imac. But i am finding MBP somewhat outdated and RMBP are out of my budget.

I feel that if you need to ask the question, then you probably wouldn't be happy with a PC. Mind you Lion is the Vista version of OSX, so good luck with that.

So, sorry for the long ran, but here are y questions, have PC laptop narrow the speed gap ? And what about Windows glitches and quirk, have they improved since I left them?

Can you do something about the glitches and quirks I've had with Apple computers. Hard disks have failed, out of warranty MBP has had shift key fail on keyboard and Apple want $300 to replace the keyboard (because apparently they have to replace the entire upper half of the computer to change the keyboard).

What about start up times? (laste PC Lap was a toshiba satrllite, very ssloooow to boot).

Ever heard of sleeping a computer (Windows does that too), or an SSD?

Thank you


-- hide signature --

 fucile's gear list:fucile's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow