D800's are usually problem free

Started Jun 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
harold1968
harold1968 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,687
Re: D800's are usually problem free

Maybe there is no endemic issue, maybe

1. Some need AF adjustment (and come back fine from feedback read here)
2. A few are really faulty - apparently

3. Many people don't understand field curvature with wide angle lenses and vertical focus point (the centre are cross focus)
4. Most are fine

Rgds

MayaTlab0 wrote:

The problem isn't that some D800 are faulty, the problem is that Nikon remains silent on the subject, doesn't officially acknowledge it, explain that they're trying to find the cause and an adequate solution, explain as soon as they can what the problem is, what their solution is, and guarantee that every single faulty unit will be either repaired or exchanged to the standard of new non-affected bodies. And maybe, even better, although at a strong cost for them, stop production until then (that's for them to decide given the estimated cost of doing so). Basically, and I know I'm trolling here, but one has to recognise that this is a perfect example of a good handling of a difficult situation, exactly like what Canon did with the 5d mark III light leakage issue (not that Canon has always be that good with customer relations, I'm not trying to put them on a pedestal). So far the only thing some got from Nikon customer services is that they're implementing a new software procedure to correct the issue, but some reported no improvement after servicing, despite the use of this new software.

-- hide signature --
 harold1968's gear list:harold1968's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 Sony RX1R Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha a7 Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow