EF 40 STM - my 1st impressions (sweeet) ;-)

Started Jun 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
mmullen Veteran Member • Posts: 4,285
Re: EF 40 STM - my 1st impressions (sweeet) ;-)

joger wrote:

I am simply not convinced that getting smaller is no clever idea when you're after quality.

Ahhhh....but by that measure why stop at 35mm FF? If it's all about ultimate quality medium format puts 35mm FF to shame.

The point is, a photographer only needs to go with a format that meets or slightly exceeds the requirements of the job with the most demanding requirements. It has been shown in the last few years that APS-C meets or exceeds the requirements of a large segment of professionals and most amateur requirements as well. If you have larger needs, by all means, move up the format scale. But why stop at FF 35mm when there is medium format?

Yes, the medium format equipment is a scale larger and more unwieldy (and also more expensive) but getting smaller is no clever idea when you are after ultimate quality, no?

• Mike Mullen

mmullen's gear list:mmullen's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
Arn
Arn
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow