D60 Discontinued Info Fm Canon Canada

Started Jan 15, 2003 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Denialisnotariverinegypt Regular Member • Posts: 272
D60 Discontinued Info Fm Canon Canada

Thought you might be interested in reading this.

I wrote to Canon Canada asking about the status of the D60 after reading about its possible demise on this and other sites, and then from some dealers I talked to.

Here's how the conservation went.

-- hide signature --

FIRST MESSAGE FROM ME TO CANON:

Enquiry Reference #030107-000087
---------------------------------------------------------------
Summary: I have heard that the D60 camera is being
discontinued. This was told to me b...
Products: Digital Camera
Sub-Product: EOS D60
Category: General Questions
Contact Information: sandsport@hotmail.com
Date Created: 01/07/2003 05:26 PM
Last Updated: 01/07/2003 05:26 PM
Serial Number:

Discussion Thread
Customer (Rick Bobman) - 01/07/2003 05:26 PM

I have heard that the D60 camera is being discontinued. This was told to me by a Canon dealer.

Is this true?
If so when?
If so, what is the model being replaced with?

Thank you for your help.

-----THIS IS THE REPLY I RECEIVED:

Dear Mr. Rick Bobman

Thank you for your E-mail inquiry regarding the EOS D60 camera.

The EOS D60 camera is still part of our current digital cameras. Please check our press releases on our Website periodically for new product announcements in Canada.

Sincerely,

Sandy G.
Technical Support Representative
Customer Information Centre
Canon Canada Inc.

----- SOUNDED LIKE A CANNED RESPONSE, SO I WROTE BACK THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE:

Enquiry Reference #030108-000028
Summary: 2nd INQUIRY - PLEASE ESCALATE THIS QUESTION TO
MANAGEMENT Previously I wrote a...
Products: Digital Camera
Sub-Product: EOS D60
Category: General Questions
Contact Information: sandsport@hotmail.com
Date Created: 01/08/2003 01:39 PM
Last Updated: 01/08/2003 01:39 PM
Serial Number:

Discussion Thread
Customer (Rick Bobman) - 01/08/2003 01:39 PM
2nd INQUIRY - PLEASE ESCALATE THIS QUESTION TO MANAGEMENT

Previously I wrote asking if the D60 has been discontinued and/or if production has been stopped by Canon. The reply I received and my original question is listed at the bottom of the page.

Since my original question was submitted to you at Canon, I have received more information from Canon dealers that the D60 has in fact been discontinued AND ALSO there is no more inventory AND no more D60s are being produced. This information has been given to me AS BEING VERIFIED OFFICIALLY BY CANON CANADA.

Also there are now similar reports coming out of France, again as being OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED BY CANON.

All of this seems to contradict the information Canon has sent me which is listed below.

I am asking the question again, and this time I would like you to understand that I am relying on your OFFICIAL reply to this question to make a purchase decision and will hold Canon liable if I buy a D60 based on the information you are supplying me, and then find out shortly after that in fact the D60 has been discontinued.

I do not mean to be offensive or threatening in what I have stated above, but it is important that Canon understand that I am relying or Canons response to make a large financial decision and would rather wait to make my purchase if the information regarding the D60 is correct.

I would very much appreciate this question being escalated to a "manager" so I can receive a accurate (verses a standard or canned) response with which I can make this very important decision.

Listed below is Canons original to me response and below that my original question.

Thank you

----- I THEN RECEIVED A CONFIRMATION EMAIL THAT MY REQUEST HAD BEEN RECEIVED WHICH IS LISTED BELOW:

Dear Mr. Rick Bobman

I acknowledge receipt of your E-mail inquiry.

Your inquiry and comments has been forwarded to our Marketing Department for confirmation. The information will be forwarded to you upon receipt.

Your cooperation and understanding is appreciated in this matter.

Sincerely,

Sandy G.
Canon Canada Inc.

----- WHEN I RECEIVED THIS CUSTOMER SATISFACTION SURVEY FORM, I USED IT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT NOT GETTING A STRAIGHT ANSWER.

Re: 2nd INQUIRY - PLEASE ESCALATE THIS QUESTION TO MANAGEMENT Previously I wrote a...

Reference Number: 030108-000028

You have recently contacted us for assistance with your Canon product. Canon as a Global Corporation is aware of the importance of developing and maintaining a satisfied customer base. Your comments and feedback are valuable to us and will effectively raise the level of our customer support. Please click on the link below to participate in our brief survey.

----- THE NEXT DAY I RECEIVED THE FOLLOWING EMAIL FROM CANON:

Dear Mr. Rick Bobman
Thank you for your E-mail inquiry.

We have no available inventory of the Canon D60 camera and we are not expecting to have our stock replenished. We are unaware of the exact dates that the factory ceases manufacturing of any product as often the manufacturing ceases long before the sales company discontinues it from its product line-up.

Sincerely,

Sandy G.
Canon Canada Inc.

----- I THINK WHO EVER WROTE THE FINAL RESPONSE SHOULD RUN FOR POLITICAL OFFICE!

It also sound like they "RAN OUT" of D60's

So, what do you think?

Rick
(Sandsport)

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow