>>>> Street Photography eXchange #14 <<<

Started Jun 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
elboertie2 Senior Member • Posts: 1,609
Re: is this the photo you meant?

Thank you for the response and your assistance on the photo; much appreciated. Now I know how to do it. Thank you.

Yes, every person has their own style and indeed, it has a more romantic-postcard style to it as you said. I have other streetphotos too, that are less soft and more harder in style.

After I took the photo, I approached the couple and offered to send a copy of them per email. The man was happy about this, but the woman did not want to have a copy of the photo (she was fine with me having taken it) and this surprised the guy a LOT. I now feel less reluctant in approaching the people that I took a photo of and offering a copy of the photo to them.

Do you sometimes approach people afterwards and offer a copy of the photo?

Jacques

xtoph wrote:

you should generally add photos to your posts using the 'add gallery photo to message' tab above the text box. if you copy the link from a page keyed to your account alone (original size, for example), it won't display properly for people in the general forum.

it is certainly a nice photo. it has a very accessible, postcard-storybook sort of feel to it. this may also be its weak point, since it seems to be more about generic symbols than a specific moment.

but it is well done, and not every street photo has to follow the same style.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
fad
fad
fad
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
(unknown member)
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow