5d Mark III low iso poor performance.

Started Jun 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ogjetaknight Regular Member • Posts: 359
Re: You dont need Sony-Exmor tech to have clean shadows

Alexandros Trichos wrote:

First of all I will assume this is a normal behavior of the camera, so this is not a bad copy that I have, thats how all 5dIIIs are.

Second, I can't se how some people are so blind. The camera is a tool, it should be working as expected, even if the man behind that is an amateur or a professional. This is a technical thing. There is noise at low isos where it shouldn't exist. I cannot understand why people imply that "A good photographer should not care for such things" or "we pay a lot of moony but we don't care about such things, because we are good photographers".

In that sense a good photographer should not care going to a 5d or whatever other good tool. This way of thinking just makes me crazy.

And I don't believe that the problem is the underexposed images. It has nothing to do with it. This phenomenon, as I mentioned before, also appears in other properly exposed images.

Anyway... I don't really know what to do...

Actually, it's really simple. As I have stated before, if noise in the shadows at 100-200 % is absolutly unacceptable for you and you need the cleanest low iso images possiable, then you must get the d800.

It does help in many instances though to expose for the highlights and lower the shadows if necessary.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
tmr
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow