Ken Rockwell no longer shoots Nikon?

Started Jun 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
marike6 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,088
Re: Just to help you (and him) out:

Are you saying he's a charlatan? If so, I totally agree. And no offense to the OP, but I cannot for the life of me figure out why anyone would waste time considering anything KR is doing. He's a blogger in the business of making money off of amateur and hobbyist photographers, feeding them any load of BS that will increase his bottom line. There are tons of valuable photography resources online, I cannot imagine why anyone reads him. His MO is to try to say something outrageous, i.e., "the 18-55 VR blows the 24-70 away" or "Don't bother with lenshoods" in order to have everybody talking about his "shocking" proclamation. All the while he sits back and watches his Google ranking go up and up probably laughing while he plays with his Leica M9 and Phase One Q180.

But seriously, If I want lens tests/reviews, I read Photozone, Lenstip and SLR Gear. If I want camera reviews I'll read DPR, IR, ThePhotographyBlog, et al. And for a gear blog I find Steve Huff's site is much more interesting than Rockwell's 90's style website. And if I want to read technique, and photography essays I'll stop by Luminous Lanscape or Mike Johnston's site, The Online Photographer.

marike6's gear list:marike6's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow