UWA suggestions - NOT fisheye

Started Mar 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gerry Winterbourne Forum Pro • Posts: 14,398
Re: UWA suggestions - NOT fisheye

steveTQP wrote:

David, thanks for the advice on the Sigma 8-16, regading "decentered samples". Being into Pentax, I would be interested in the K-Mount version of the Sigma 8-16. I realize that buying ANY lens is a crapshoot, as I've had a few issues even with Pentax "Limited" versions, but by and large, I think Pentax Quality Control is not bad. Not ever owning a third-party lens like Sigma, I cannot speak to their Quality Control, but judging from the many glowing reviews of the 8-16, I remain hopeful that I would get a good copy, if I go that route.

I've owned a few Sigma lenses and never had any QC issues: ditto Pentax. I think the majority of lenses from any maker are good - the chances of getting a poor copy are probably pretty much the same from any but Leica.

I was debating on the Pentax 12-24 as well, but am intrigued by the extra 4mm of the Sigma! Thanks again.

Sigma 8-16 mounted on a tripod: first shot at 8mm, then zoomed in to 12mm and the zoomed image superimposed.

-- hide signature --

Gerry

First camera 1953, first Pentax 1985, first DSLR 2006
http://www.pbase.com/gerrywinterbourne

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow