Question about copyright, models and the law...

Started Jun 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
OntarioJohn
OntarioJohn Senior Member • Posts: 1,959
Re: Question about copyright, models and the law...

I live in Canada. Yes, you can get some stripper to pose for cheap nudes.

There are 'agencies' everywhere. The stand around in malls and sign up girls who won't ever go anywhere and charge them for a portfolio, and put them up for 'hire'. But the agency wants a cut, and they arrange for payment, and the paperwork.

They guys I know who WANT that experience and want to post it as part of a portfolio, or the guys who rent a studio and just want to do it but the wife won't know, that's a different thing.

I have worked at many fairs and exhibitions when I was on the Fire Department. We had radios and along with the cops identified guys taking pictures of kids with no family. Some real creeps, and they got rousted.

I on the other hand, have changed out of uniform, met my family and taken lots of pics of kids. But I had a reason.

And I have had cops at the beach ask to see my pictures. Funny thing, it was all gulls I was feeding french fries to, but some woman didn't like me there with the long lens. Too bad said the cops as they laughed and went back to tell her. I've got better things to do.

OntarioJohn's gear list:OntarioJohn's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow