AF speed: tamron 17-50 or sigma 17-70?
I recently bought the Tamron 17-50 f/2.8. While the image quality is very good on my A77, I'm not very happy with the AF: it is noisier than I thought, and quite slow.
The AF of the 35mm f/1.8 seems even faster than AF of the Tamron 17-50.
I've hesitated a lot between the Tamron 17-50 and the Sigma 17-70 HSM, and I wonder if I should send the Tamron back and buy the Sigma 17-70 instead.
The AF speed may be more important to me that the constant aperture.
Do you know if the AF on the Sigma 17-70 is significantly faster than on the Tamron 17-50?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4