Half of D800 have issues???

Started Jun 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kerry Pierce
Kerry Pierce Forum Pro • Posts: 19,757
Re: thanks for the post

carauction wrote:

Hi Kerry,

Share your sentiments exactly. Stated just as I would have.

Coincidentally, I also had an AF problem with my new D3S that I purchased a few months ago.

I have a D800E on the way, to arrive on Tuesday. Needless to say, it took some perseverance to find one as I was not on any pre-order list. I am now on the fence, and may just indeed cancel until I feel confident that most of the smoke has cleared.

Hi Mike,

I hate to say it, but an AF problem on a new d3s isn't coincidental. It seems that they are having issues, apparently across the board, but especially on d7k and d800 units, for some reason. They will get it sorted out as quickly as they can, of that I am sure.

Dunno what to tell you about the fence. I'm comfortable with my position, but I don't have a real need for the camera. If you need one, that's a different story.

good luck
Kerry
--
my gallery of so-so photos
http://www.pbase.com/kerrypierce/root

Kerry Pierce's gear list:Kerry Pierce's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow