Oly 45 1.8 with Pana GTC1 converter... works !!!

Started May 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
micksh6 Senior Member • Posts: 2,613
Re: Oly 45 1.8 with Pana GTC1 converter

Ulfric M Douglas wrote:

I see the two photos of the jar.

I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking at, could you explain the positioning and framing and distances you chose?

Look at background blur. Important thing is that the jar has the same size on both photos. In such conditions longer lens should defocus background more than shorter lens with the same aperture. What you see is the opposite (and bokeh sucks IMO).

For comparison, look at my other photos in this thread where I compare background blur of 45mm F1.8 lens with and without TCON-17.

markintosh13, I returned the converter in few days after I got it.

Forget about 45mm F.8 lens. It would perform poorly even on lens it was designed for. I tried it briefly on Oly 14-42mm kit. On 14-42mm zoom it would not reduce aperture, but quality degradation is significant.

For $130 it's way overpriced. One can add few bucks and get Oly 40-150mm zoom which will be as fast and will destroy this converter in IQ.

Edit: Oly 40-150mm will be as fast as this converter on Oly 45mm (F5.0 at 90mm).

It will be half a stop faster than this converter used on 42mm F5.6 zoom. 40-150mm lens is F4.8 at 85mm.

micksh6's gear list:micksh6's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow