EPL-2 Infra Red conversion questions

Started May 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
superflyguy
superflyguy Regular Member • Posts: 132
Re: I DO NOT second Spencer's

I sent my E-P2 for a 590nm conversion to lifepixel, partly based on other user's experiences of the company and (more importantly) they were very quick to respond to pre-purchase query's I had.

Throughout the conversion process I also was in contact with them and found them to be quick to respond. The timeframe given was accurate too and in all a great customer experience.

I went for 590nm since it gave the best options for me, namely the extreme colours with the option to (fairly easily) go monochrome for the classic IR look.

Very pleased with my choice, I would've got peanuts for the E-P2 if I tried to sell it and the option of having IR as and when I want it without having to take tripod and filters combined with compatiblity with my existing lens swung it for me.

Its a not-too-expensive option for extending the life of a m4/3 body that would'nt fetch much if sold 2nd hand. Also expands my photography hobby by opening up IR.

Whichever option you go for you wont regret it!
--

Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give the appearance of solidity to pure wind

George Orwell

superflyguy's gear list:superflyguy's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
3LX
3LX
3LX
3LX
3LX
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow