Back to size and weight for the E-M5

Started Jun 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
SaltLakeGuy
SaltLakeGuy Forum Pro • Posts: 13,583
I hear ya

I threw the towel in after much serious thought regarding the weight and bulk issues. Not to mention I find myself now responsible for doing the videos of praise dances at our congregation. The OMD is doing a fine job. The kit lens is better than reported by many who seem to feel it is such a compromise. I don't feel that way at all. But then I"m not shooting in near darkness much and not shooting sports either. So it fits my bill nicely. The 45mm f1.8 will do well for my portrait work and the 75-300 is blowing me away with it's sharpness. Even better than my D7000 and 70-300vr was at it's best. Needless to say a LOT less to carry and manipulate. I'm even enjoying that small FL-600R which is quite versatile to say the least. When the grip arrives I may use if a fair amount as I like the extra meat it provides without still matching the physical weight or dimensions of a full DSLR. Either way it was the right decision for me to sell out of the NEX and the Nikon body I had before. For some maybe not so much, but there simply isn't any compelling reason for me to hand on to that stuff so it's gone. So far I"m having way to much fun to notice......and the IQ hasn't been a compromise.

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Epson Stylus Pro 3880 +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow