miles green
miles green Veteran Member • Posts: 6,458
Re: What'coming from Pentax in 2012

JeffAHayes wrote:

miles green wrote:

NorthwestF wrote:

No full-frame -- no new mirrorless ...

Is everyone happy with that roadmap?

Yes, because i won't be able to afford the K1 FF so soon after getting the 560mm this fall!

I doubt you'll be able to afford a car... insurance... GROCERIES??? after paying for that 560!

Just don't tell my wife that i'll be selling her car for it!

Then again, if it truly IS an F5.6 lens, it might not be TOO pricey! F4, well, the F4 600 used to sell in the $7,000 range, I think, didn't it? I think it's still that much, USED, when and if you can get one -- at least that's the gist I get from forum lens guru Ron.

My guess is around 3000 usd/euro. If i recall well, Ron agrees. If its more it will compete too much with the Sigma 500 f/4.5 and used Canikon 500/600 f/4s. I think Pentax knows they have no chance there.

As for the legendary prices of used 250-600s, 600 f/4s, and other legendary glass... let me just say that it's cheaper to go "dual system" with new Canikon equipment...

Jeff

-- hide signature --

Miles Green
Pentaxian with chronic LBA
Corfu, Greece

-- hide signature --

May the Blessings Be.

-- hide signature --

Miles Green
Pentaxian with chronic LBA
Corfu, Greece

miles green's gear list:miles green's gear list
Pentax K-1 Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ET2
ET2
ET2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow