What'coming from Pentax in 2012

Started Jun 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Meshuggah Contributing Member • Posts: 511
Re: "All I know so far is ....

Unexpresivecanvas wrote:

If Pentax wants to remain competitive it needs a big next step. Not the same K5 with little improvements. With the excellent quality already in the K5 we shouldn't settle for less than a FF in the upcoming models. People who loves the k5 so much and want to keep the APS-C sensor can buy a k-30.

yea this puts me in a bit of a pickle. i currently shoot sony, my first dslr'ish camera. cant stand what they are about, and will upgrade before holloween is here. my issue is i know that i will eventually go FF, simply bc low noise is so important to me. i dont want to go from sony, to pentax, then to canikon to get my FF. i love how pentax has so many weather sealed options, and is now putting focus peeking in as well. the k30 is exactly what i want right now, a huge upgrade over my a33 but kinda a halfway stop until im ready to spend more on a FF. darn pentax for not having a FF.

so i either buy pentax, hoping they will drop a FF in the next couple years, and if they dont then jump ship again...or skip a great system for now in order to plan ahead for FF. just seems like canokon dont offer anything near the k30 for the price...

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ET2
ET2
ET2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow