Astrophotography: which lense is the best?
HELLO everyone! Long time reader, first time poster! I just recently purchased a pentax k-5, with 18 - 135 and smc DA* star 55 mm 1.4 and it will all be here in 48 hours!
I'm looking at doing astrophotography like Ben Canales ( http://www.500px.com/BenCanales ). I'd like to be able to do images with and without star trails. What lens do you shoot stars with and what is the ideal lens in your opinion? Is a 2.8 open enough?
Thanks in advance, I'm looking forward to your replies!!!
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4