$700 fix

Started Jun 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
JW PHOTO Senior Member • Posts: 2,984
Re: I hope

dnercesian wrote:

These guys are like broken records with the constant gray market this and that. Nobody needs to google it. We all know what it means. You are reacting as most consumers would, me included. They can not see the sense in your thought process because they are in an emotional rush to protect an entity they happen to have an unhealthy and unreasonable attachment to, so much so that they only see it out of their eyes and agendas, and not from the objective standpoint it would take to look at it from a general market sense.

Just a couple comments and I'm done. I have been into photography since the mid-60's and remember all those cool (and not so cool) stores in Brooklyn, NY. The funny thing was I could buy both grey market or original import cameras from most of those stores. It would seem that if camera manufactures were so darn worried about grey market they would have pulled their cameras off those dealers shelves and made sure they didn't get their franchises back until they cleaned their act up. I believe dealers get hurt, but the camera manufacture could care less. In fact they might just like it since they can use it as an excuse not to fix said grey market item.

JW PHOTO's gear list:JW PHOTO's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix E550 Zoom Kodak EasyShare C875 Kodak EasyShare Z1285 Olympus C-3030 Zoom Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P52 +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow