Will this work...
What you are describing is "fill flash". Every cheap camera I've seen in the last two decades has this capability so I'd be surprised if the nx100 did not support fill flash.
BTW - I'd take any photography advice of the form "Always do XYZ" with a grain of salt, especially this advice about always using flash. Fill flash often improves photos on close subjects in certain lighting conditions, but it isn't a panacea. For example fill flash will just drain your batteries, decrease shot-to-shot time, and increase backscatter when shooting distant landscapes.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%