E-M5 firmware bugs, report them here

Started Apr 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
fooddudeone Regular Member • Posts: 243
Re: Video IBIS with adapted lenses

rrr_hhh wrote:

I think it makes sense if you think that video can be caught with zoom lenses. So probably that the firmware check what focal length is set on before adapting the IBIS consequently. If the lens doesn't communicate the focal length continually, then the body doesn't know how to handle IBIS, it lacks an important parameter.

IBIS video + adapted lens : the body can't periodically check what the focal length is, so it stops working. Of course the body could read the focal length you feeded, but if the firmware is made so that it will periodically try to get that info from the lens, then it explains why adapted lenses aren't working with video IBIS.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

Yes, I see your point and I agree.... BUT, only regarding adapted Zoom lenses...

However.. almost most of the reason why people want to use adapted/non-native lenses is to use all of these super nice, high-quality PRIMES, almost never and Not zooms... all the nice old Legacy, Zuiko, Zeiss, Contax, Leica, Canon and Nikon oldies and RF lenses... almost always Primes....which only needs a single FL inputted, unlike a continually changing FL of a zoom lens. So the important parameter only needs a single FL for adapted/non-native primes.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow