Help me with my list, please.

Started Jun 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Flat view
RevolvingSheep Junior Member • Posts: 43
Help me with my list, please.

I am starting a multimedia company that will provide photography, graphic design, and audio engineering initially. I am thinking that at first, I will focus on the photography side of things.

Here are some photographic services I am thinking of providing...

Portraits (outdoors and indoors, but I do not have access to a studio)
Small events (I'm thinking 100 people or less... or maybe 50 or less)
Gatherings (such as camping gatherings, drum circles, after parties)
Couples and friends
Fine Art Commisions

Right now I own a Nikon D90, a 35mm f1.8 and a decent tripod. I am thinking that I will probably want a wide angle lens, a lens that is proficient for portraiture (is my 35mm ok?), and probably a zoom lens in case I'm shooting any events where I can't get up close. I might want a 2nd camera - perhaps another D90 or a camera that is on a more professional scale. Also, I have been planning on buying a Nikon SB700... but what about the 910? Are there any suggestions for other accessories I might want to look at as well?

I have taken both film and digital photography classes. I have yet to take the studio photography and advanced digital classes at my College... which I will take this Fall and next Spring. I am also taking the Entrepreneurship certificate program in the Fall.

Thanks for any suggestions. Links to appropriate sites online or books/magazines would be appreciated as well, but I prefer a good discussion with other photographers whenever possible.

Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow