Opinions on optimal settings/method on 5N to lock focus and recompose

Started Jun 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP d altman Regular Member • Posts: 223
Re: Opinions on optimal settings/method on 5N to lock focus and recompose

Seems like we are basically doing it the same way. Do try object tracking and tap the screen when object is centered. It's pretty amazing technology when you recompose, half press shutter and DMF and your subject is automatically the focus point. For me it's more precise to tap dead center on screen than to tap after recomposing.

I'm going to test today some more. From the other response it seems possible the camera does lock onto subject and keeps that lock even after recomposing as long as you don't lift your finger from the shutter button. What throws me off though is the green square remains centered so I believed that spot was kept in focus. I'm working with the kit lens at the moment. As soon as I get the 50mm and have greater aperture control I will really be able to test this.

d altman's gear list:d altman's gear list
Sony a9 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow