Maybe Canon, Nikon, Oly, Samsung, Ricoh or Sony, but Fuji ? ? ?

Started Jun 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Billx08 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,373
Maybe Canon, Nikon, Oly, Samsung, Ricoh or Sony, but Fuji ? ? ?

If what tech. writer David Pogue predicted in his column yesterday comes to pass, there will be an interesting new small camera to consider in about two week's time.

Camera. I bought the amazing Canon S100, a tiny pocket camera with the biggest sensor on the market. I wrote about my reasons here. But in two weeks, I’ll be switching my allegiance. You cannot believe what’s about to come down the photographic pike. Trust me: If you’re in the market for a small camera with astonishing photographic results, hold off for a few weeks.

http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/07/what-pogue-actually-bought/

Any guesstimates on what this might be and who will deliver it? An unrelated article that David also had published yesterday says that some big Mac fans may need to rescue many of their files with the imminent demise of MobileMe, to occur on June 30. One replacement that he favors is SmugMug :

REPLACEMENT Smugmug.com

Goodness knows, there’s no shortage of online photo gallery sites. Flickr, Shutterfly, PhotoBucket, Snapfish, 5oopx, dphoto, Fotki, Picasa, PhotoShelter — there’s probably one for every man, woman and child in America. Furthermore, plenty of people are satisfied hanging their digital masterpieces on Facebook, WordPress or GooglePlus.

What’s nice about SmugMug, though, is that you can post an unlimited number of photos for a flat fee ($40 a year, or $60 to post videos, too). There are no ads and no spam. You can upload photos directly from iPhoto, Photoshop, Lightroom, Picasa, Aperture, Android or iPhone. You can choose visual themes for each of your online galleries, and you can password-protect the private ones. You can share a photo on Facebook or Twitter with one click. The Pro plan lets you make money by selling your photos to your admirers online.

WHAT YOU’LL MISS The ability to view your galleries on an Apple TV. (Apple TV can show Flickr albums, but Flickr is a little ugly and complex.)

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/07/technology/personaltech/goodbye-mobileme-hello-smugmug-dropbox-and-jimdo-state-of-the-art.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow