Thanks Mike for the reminder of this important event/date in world history and for the great photos. Seeing your photos brought back all the, sounds, smells and emotions of two years ago when I took my 93 year old Dad, a WWII veteran, to Normandy for a week of touring. We were amazed at what the locals and two governments have done to memorialize the events of the time and the huge sacrifices made. Everyone should visit that place. I think it's life changing experience for many.
Wouldn't think of derailing your post for one second. Just thought you'd like to see a few of mine which you'll recognize for sure.
Thanks again Mike.
Today marks the solemn anniversary of the D-Day landing in France on June 6, 1944.
Here are my photos shot primarily with a Canon G9 and S95, two slide shows (requires MS Windows operating system) and a video documentary (from YouTube). See:
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%