Liveview Bashers

Started May 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rick Knepper Forum Pro • Posts: 15,320

DigVis wrote:

Rick Knepper wrote:

2. Does the D800 provide an Exposure Simulation feature similar to Canon cameras?

It offers an exposure simulation. How similar it is to what Canon offers, I don't know.

3. Does the D800 allow the simultaneous use of the meter bar on the LV screen (which is toggled on/off by pressing the OK button on a D3x) when coupled with bracketing (bar won't appear when bracketing is active on a D3x) so that I can use Manual mode effectively when using LV and bracketing together?

Yes. The metering bar is replaced by bracket tick indicators while the BKT button is depressed (and returns once the button is released). Bracketing settings are displayed in the lower right corners at all times. The metering bar is definitely usable together with bracketing.

Sounds encouraging.

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, non-professional, shooting for pleasure, check my profile for gear list and philosophy.

Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Pentax 645Z Canon EOS 5DS R Fujifilm GFX 50S Pentax smc D FA 645 55mm F2.8 AL (IF) SDM AW Pentax DA645 28-45mm F4.5 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow