Liveview Bashers

Started May 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
tarnish Senior Member • Posts: 1,470
Newest 1st World Problem

Horshack wrote:

tarnish wrote:

It doesn't have to look gorgeous, it just has to work.

And it does.

It gets the job done but there's something to be said about how the D800's LV interpolated feed gets in the way of the process of photography. As a landscape shooter I use LV all the time

Same here.

and the D800's digital artifacts interrupts the realism of the scene and constantly reminds me that I'm looking at a facsimile of the scene, whereas that's not the case in true 100% pixel LV representations.

I believe you are mistaken in one assumption. A 100% view is still quite obviously a digital facsimile. If you want realism, you'll need an LCD-free optical viewfinder. You don't have that either.

Btw, the D7000 has a true 100% pixel representation so the disappointment is not just from Canon shooters coming over to Nikon.

Yes, that would be Nice, I agree on that. That's about it. I will happily accept a FW upgrade that makes it prettier. But need it? I can't make a rational case for it. Emotional, sure, but not rational, because it works. Good images are my primary consideration; YMMV.

Hint: set the center button function to one click less than highest magnification.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJN
MOD TOF guy
BJN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow