Fuji XPro/Xtrans a mistake?

Started May 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
liquid stereo
OP liquid stereo Veteran Member • Posts: 7,265
Marketplace definition

You're right - absolute performance is important. However, in the marketplace, it is the relative performance (and cost) that will dictate whether the Xtrans sensor is successful or not.

boinkphoto wrote:

The metric of all the evaluations of the Xtrans sensor seem to be "compared to X sensor at a pixel level, the other is better". No one seems to be saying anything about whether they like the output or the actual perceived effect of the output/sensor.

All I know, and this generally includes at 100%, I like the output. That isn't true of many other cameras for me.

It is true, there are some minimums that owners may need and perhaps this does not provide it. Personally I'm not seeing the issue(s) but I certainly grant that is a possibility.

To me it's sort of like comparing two paintings and saying one is better because the artist used better technique while never even discussing whether you like the paintings or not.

-- hide signature --
 liquid stereo's gear list:liquid stereo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow