Tips and tricks for setting up the OM-D E-M5

Started May 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Henry Richardson Forum Pro • Posts: 15,425
Re: Tips and tricks for setting up the OM-D E-M5

Macx wrote:

Changing the shutter time limit for Auto ISO can be done by changing the Flash Slow Limit in Custom Menu F. In practice the available range is between 1/30 second to 1/250 second. Note that the camera either use this shutter time or the old 1/equivalent focal length of your lens-rule to determine the shutter time limit, going with whichever is shortest.

This is a bit confusing. Is this something that only comes into play when using flash? Or is it something that is about Auto ISO even when not using flash?

The Flash Slow Limit by default is 1/60. Are you saying that even when not using flash but using Auto ISO the camera will not go below 1/60 because of this setting? In other words, if I am shooting at 9mm the shutter speed with Auto ISO will not go below 1/60? In order to allow it to go below 1/60 when not using flash then I must set Flash Slow Limit to one of the much lower settings? Of course, this then affects the camera when I do use flash too when I might prefer the default 1/60 setting.

Thanks for your clarification.

-- hide signature --

Henry Richardson
http://www.bakubo.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow