Impressed with the SX220HS at high iso
Yes I am!! At high iso that is... Spent saturday shooting concerts that required me to use a high iso value (400 and 800) and the results are impressive for such a small camera/sensor (much better than my SX10is).
The big big problem is focusing. That is a huge problem! Focusing with poor light and full zoom is extremely hard. The camera hunts a lot and when it locks, in reallity it hasn't focused correctly. Really bad on this point.
Nevertheless, with good light it usually focuses ok and pictures come out with good quality for such a small camera.
I'm still dreaming with a super-zoom pocket camera that has this kind of IQ (or better), and a capacity of focusing on poor light at full zoom!! Oh yes, and raw!!
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%