EM5 with 100-300mm at Duxford Jubilee Airshow

Started May 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
tkelly11
tkelly11 OP Regular Member • Posts: 181
Re: EM5 with 100-300mm at Duxford Jubilee Airshow

Those are some beautiful images! Great what you can get out of this little camera. How did you find the 75-300 when you pressed the button to focus, did it often blur out to pure sky when the aircraft were a reasonable distance away from you? I am interested to know if the Oly would perform better in these situations compared with the Panasonic (although i couldnt afford the upgrade anyway! :)) but good to know either way. I found once you got into the swing of how best to work it i could get some pretty consistent shots. Went from about 1 in 10 at the start of the day to about 7 or 8 out of 10 by the end of the day.

I found a few more pics of the Meteor that i missed on my first run through of them so thought i'd add those here too. Duxford really is a beautifully colourful place. Perfect for these kinds of events..

tkelly11's gear list:tkelly11's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon Df Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow