Want to have a laugh?

Started May 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
PenguinPhotoCo Veteran Member • Posts: 6,284
perhaps she has vaild concerns?

Could be they've seen wedding pics of their friends, those that spent $500 for the soccermom/collegekid 'pro wedding photog' and are now getting nervous that they're gonna get the same thing.

Since the OP is working sublet to another studio I see the potential for redflags - the bride paid for X and is getting Y - a 'strange' (to her) photographer whose work she may not have seen, or is perhaps wary that what she did see isn't his. This fear has a very real basis in fact as many studios sublet weddings (I did it once - never again. A friend tried it with equally bad results).

As others have pointed out - she may be a bridezilla, or knowing what she wants can make your job easier. Nothing worse than hearing about it after the fact 'why didn't you do X, Y and Z?' and you tell them "You saw my samples. Did you see any shots like that? Flowers on the train is so 1980s and not something I do unless specifically requested, I asked our 12 times 'anything else' and you said nothing so how was I to know Aunt Mary was important?" etc.

I've never had a problem with a bride that gave me a list -but I also tell them 'it's a live event and i'll do my best, but if aunt mary leaves early I can't do anything about it'.
--
Before everything else, getting ready is the secret of success. -Henry Ford

PenguinPhotoCo's gear list:PenguinPhotoCo's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
rer
SBS
eNo
eNo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow