A missing Con in the Canon 5d III's review: absence of an onboard flash

Started May 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ok55 Contributing Member • Posts: 523
Re: A missing Con in the Canon 5d III's review: absence of an onboard flash

Philz wrote:

ok55 wrote:

Philz wrote:

I have a 7D and a 17-55 (and a few nice primes which I rarely use). My camera is neither professional nor point and shoot. And it has an onboard flash which I find very useful.

Hmm...when I use the Canon 17-55f2.8 on my 7D the built-in flash often includes the shadow of the lens...even without the hood...!
Best regards.

You write "often". But I've never noticed that.

I guess it depends on focal length et al. Typically shows when shooting at the wide end ( circa 17mm). Curiously not an issue on my 15-85 even at the 15mm end.

Really neither here nor there. Photography is such a personal thing. Those who like built-in flashes are entitled to their preferences. My style doesn't need them. Too weak, can't bounce. Even as flash commanders require line-of-sight unlike pocket wizards or the new 600 series flashgun.

If I were in the market for a 5d3 I certainly wouldn't want to pay even more than already high current prices for a built-in flash I neither need nor want. Thankfully the 1dx I'm 'eyeing' doesn't bother with it either.
Best regards

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
AC1
AC1
AC1
cyk
ihv
(unknown member)
cyk
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow