Nikon SB 800 Speedlight extras
Nikon Service in El Segundo, Calif just answered my question. The only difference between these two versions of battery packs is the plug. As the other poster mentioned, the model SD-8A has rounded plug ends which fit the SB800 flash. The SD-8 is identical in all specifications except for having square ends on the plug.
The battery pack I received has the rounded plug. So that saves me $180. Thank you camera gods.
By the way, the service rep from Nikon informed me that when the battery pack is plugged in (6 batteries) it works together with the 5 onboard batteries in the SB800, giving it the juice of 11 AA batteries. Nice to know.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%