Success PC Port output on HVL-F7S (Sony NEX) without PREFLASH!!!

Started May 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
fabianbono
fabianbono OP Regular Member • Posts: 190
Re: Success PC Port output on HVL-F7S (Sony NEX) without PREFLASH!!!

fototakas wrote:

Hi,

Good work, but my proposal will be to modify flash extender FA-EX1S, not the flash itself:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FA-EX1S-Sony-Alpha-NEX-FLASH-EXTENDER-case-/330693984744?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4cfee5c1e8

Inside extender there is some space for the transistor, you just need to add PC sync port.

At first time, I plan the same.

But later I just don´t want to wait and decide to do it whit I have at home and learn the process!

It is true that you should have space for PC Sync port there, but until you don´t open the unit you can´t be 100% sure.

And in other side, I imagine that inside you only will found a slim flex to extend the connectors. So, will be very hard to weld the cables there. Believe me that is impossible to do it at the connector.

That is why I search the best place on flash flex board and use a magnifying glass and very tight pulse using the soldering iron.

And at last, you miss the standard ISO shoe mount to attach any wireless trigger.

Of course, these are my personal opinions! This is the DIY world, so you can do any version or mod you want!!!

-- hide signature --
 fabianbono's gear list:fabianbono's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-C3 Nikon D5200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow