E-M5 firmware bugs, report them here

Started Apr 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
kenw
kenw Veteran Member • Posts: 5,342
OIS - Can no longer reproduce!!!

Hi Richard,

Just to let you know. I just tried this with the 45-200 at 45 at around 1/10 and clearly the OIS functions during exposure just fine.

With that in mind I then decided to retest my 14-45 at 45 at around 1/10. Result is that OIS clearly now works with the 14-45 as well.

I have no idea what might have changed. Lens and camera firmware are still the same. Despite that in a previous test (linked to earlier) I could clearly demonstrate weird behavior with the 14-45 OIS. Now it appears normal.

Hard to say now if there was some unusual error or configuration at the time of my last test or just some sort of horrible user error. What is strange was that in my past test I used the 14-45 on both the E-M5 and GH2 repeatedly to check what was going on.

Color me confused, but if I can't reproduce the result I really can't expect anyone else to either!

Thanks for checking this out, and provoking me to get off my duff and do some more testing.
--
Ken W
See profile for equipment list

kenw's gear list:kenw's gear list
Sony RX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus E-M5 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +34 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow