A missing Con in the Canon 5d III's review: absence of an onboard flash

Started May 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 2,261
I personally don't require a built in flash as that is an amateur feature

I do not desire. If the pop-up flash could extend 6-8 inches above the camera, that would be useful.

Some people would fine a pop up flash useful gut if I saw a professional photographer using one for a main light, I'd turn away shaking my head.

My 5D III does not have the 36mp because it was designed for 22mp & is still a highly useful amount of resolution. I certainly would like to have a much higher resolution camera similar to Nikon's offering but at this time it's not yet available in the Canon line-up. So willing to stay the course until Canon releases a high mp camera but for now I have plenty of camera options available.

The 5D III wonderfully bridges the performance gap between my 5D2 and my 1D4.

When I'm out with my 5D2 and I don't require the speed performance of my 1D4 I take the 5D3.

When I'm out with my 1D4 and it is attached to my 600mm f4L IS on a tripod,

the 5D3 makes a great companion camera to the 1D4.

Recently I acquired the TS-E 24mm II which pairs up with my TS-E 17mm. Nikon atm has no equivalent to these great lenses. The IQ of the 5D2 and the 5D3 is nearly identical so it doesn't matter which camera gets which lens but I love the built in level of the 5D3.

It is true my needs are different from others but so far Canon has met my needs.

My brother shoots Nikon and owns the trinity lenses + a few others, so if he gets the D800, I'll just borrow it if I need it.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
AC1
AC1
AC1
cyk
ihv
(unknown member)
cyk
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow