Sony 3x bigger than Canon in image sensors
that's actually pretty interesting that Canon is number two. I mean aren't cell phone cameras like the dominate part of the industry right now? You figure cell phone numbers would totally shift those results away from Canon.
You are right the phone cameras dominate in volumes, but not necessarily in revenue.
Phones are sold over a billion in a year, most of those have a camera and the higher end smartphones nowadays have two cameras.
But there are so many small sensor/camera module manufacturers, I guess the big players in phone business like Samsung or Apple or ZTE, have a very good negotiation position when the camera module prices are settled.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!