Nikon P7100 vs. Canon G12

Started May 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
james s. kennedy Contributing Member • Posts: 585
Nikon P7100 vs. Canon G12

I am not trying to start a flame war, but I would like to hear from those who have tried both or anyone else with good reasons to prefer one over the other. I have tended to be fan of Nikon for DSLRs and Canon for P&S. I own the Nikon D300, D200, D90 and D70. I like Nikon because I can use my older Nikon manual focus lenses, where as Canon orphaned the FD lenses when it went to EOS.

I have owned the Canon Powershots A80, A95, A620 and A650IS and like their use of AA batteries and the flexible LCD.

I have recently acquired a Canon SX40 and Nikon P510 and you can't go wrong with either.

I recently bought a used LN Canon G12, and it seems to be a very good camera, but I am interested in the P7100 as well. Am I demented camera collector? Yes, don't hold that against me. I get enough grief from my wife.
--
Jim Kennedy

james s. kennedy's gear list:james s. kennedy's gear list
Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Apple iPhone 8
Canon PowerShot G12 Nikon Coolpix P510 Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D70 Nikon D90 Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow