A missing Con in the Canon 5d III's review: absence of an onboard flash

Started May 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
chironNYC Senior Member • Posts: 2,408
You sound a little desperate.

You really do sound a little desperate about the d800. My advice is to sell it now, ahead of the crowd.

As for on-board flash--definitely don't want it. Cheapens the camera, weakens weatherproofing, and reveals the d800's orientation to advertising drive amateurs.

I had a 7d for a couple of years--never opened the on-board flash and would have no idea of how to do it.

Philz wrote:

To me, pros and cons exist with respect to reference points and expectations, whether consciously or not. The iPhone's camera is ok I guess (barely) but reviewers who say it's great don't compare to a DSLR. Why am I saying that? Because the cons of the Mark IIi are cons vs. expectations built from products available in the market. Can someone refute that the D800 is the elephant in the Canon's review? If you don't, then how come the Canon's cons miss the absence of an onboard flash? Are Nikon engineers so stupid for having included one in the D800?

chironNYC's gear list:chironNYC's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony a7 III Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
AC1
AC1
AC1
cyk
ihv
(unknown member)
cyk
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow